CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY BLOGS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

* NEW* MY BACKROUND/CAREER AND HOW I GOT INTO MODELING!! **NEW**



Hey! So I was just on my Twitter talking about what i've been up to and explaining it all but It was alot so to not fill up your time lines I will just post a blog and try to get straight to the point unlike all my other blogs! haha YES I talk alot. Anyway, I get alot of questions to what it is I do.. I like to say im SUPERWOMAN!! Because I DO ALOT. I constantly have my hands filled with different sorts of projects in which I rarely talk about till theyre final. Actions speak louder then words. Anyhow, I have been doing makeup since I was 16 years old- that would be 7years almost 8!

 I went to cosmetology school in highschool which taught me skincare, some makeup, all hair cuts, styles, color some nail stuff in which I hate lol. I realized I didnt really like doing hair much though I worked at every salon possible when I lived in NY. And I always did my friends and familys hair/makeup and all that. You either know what your doing or dont. And then of course practice makes perfect and you learn as you go and as you do..but you have to have a eye for it. Its a art! 

I realized I liked skincare much more so I went to school for skincare.. Esthetics and got my lic as a Lic esthetician. The only part I like about working at salons besides the fast cash and making people pretty.. was running them. I realized I was good at being bossy and giving orders lol Im actually very very business savy and get off on office supplies .. a trip to staples turns me on! hahah! After that I read some books and took some classes on business, I got my business lic as well. Soon after I spent thousands of dollars on every spa machine and equipment I needed and wanted to do skincare out of a room in my parents house. I did waxing, skincare, makeup.  I started getting compliments on my makeup and friends would ask me to do theirs so I got more into makeup that way. I was only 18 at that point!

 I then got a job as a makeup artist in a photography studio where I learn TONS about makeup by watching the head artist there! I even got my hands into photography around that time and studied it alot!! I must of been a photographer in my last lifetime. Soon after I became head artist and basically a manager. Outside of work I continued modelling as my hobbie and loved doing my own makeup and learning how it works on camera by trying everything possible!! There was nothing I learned from a book or cosmo/makeup school that compared to what I learned from either doing it and saying omg that looks horrible and learning to fix it or just seeing it look good an why it worked and of course working at MAC COSMETICS. Stepped my game up to new levels.

 I started working for MAC when I was 18 or 19yrs old. And went thru the whole process and worked my way up the ladder. I worked at nearly every location in NY and settled as a manager though I always had a passion more for the artistic part of it, I usta want to be a trainer for MAC but my paths took me else wear. I did TONS AND TONSSSS of makeup for weddings, films and photoshoots! That was my speciality. The skincare drifted away from me. I started modelling more to. I always felt better tanner in my own pics and so I learned how to AIRBRUSH TAN myself and taught myself how to contour my body.. much harder to do on yourself with no1s help. To date.. I have done my own makeup and hair on every single photoshoot. Including coming up with the concept minus a few that great minds came up with =) I give credit where credits due! 

 I then moved to LA where I now just FREELANCE for MAC.. and have built my clientelle up . The reason behind this is not because I dont like working for MAC but because I moved to LA to get my hands more involved with acting/film/tv for myself and not so much as behind the scenes. Though I still have my HUGE kit of makeup and still do makeup for all occasions as I always will the tables have turned.. makeup is something im good at and I do it as a hobbie. I even have lowered my rates bc I do it because I love it and to make people look and feel better about themselves makes me feel good to! But I am focusing on acting right now. So I like to keep my days open and schedule where I can adjust it. And im very lucky to have that opportunity! A good friend of mine has a simliar backround and has recently opened her Spa in Laguna Beach. If you would like to check it out message me for details. I assistant her with makeup and eventually we will collaborate and open a huge makeup/spa studio in the future but as I said im focusing on other things Ive always wanted to do. So with that being said, I have never needed a portfolio since Ive worked for MAC for years I just normally have people come to my store do their makeup and its up to them if they like it. theres so much you can take pics of anyways.. I guess I can see you may want to see some work but its better to just see for yourself. Of course working for MAC speaks for itself.. if your not a professional you wouldnt be there but still everyone has their on style. Which brings me to what this is ALL about..

 Ive been meaning to start my own company being I feel as if I know everyone in the industry from NY TO LA! haha not just from working in it but being a beauty obsessed person myself! haha so you may have seen my recent post looking to add.. makeup artist, hair colorists, stylists, photogrpahers, WARDROBE STYLISTS,estheticians, massage therapists, mancurists and all that to my roster!! Please email FASHIONLUVSME@optonline.net with a pic and resume and why youd be good for this. IT IS PAID VERY WELL BTW ! Being Ive worked in the industry for years I GET IT!! IM HIRING PPL FROM EVERY STATE!! FROM EVERY STATE. In the process of building my company world wide.. I normally dont like to launch a project till it is finalized!! But HERE I WILL GIVE YOU A TASTE OF MY NEWEST EMPIRE AKA MAFIA PROJECT THAT IS GOING TO TAKE OVER YOUR WORLD MUAHAHAh! =) ONCE I AM DONE HIRING OR ADDING ARTISTS TO MY ROSTER.. I WILL PUT UP EACH PERSONS RESUME/ PIC and pics of their work. AND ABOUT THEM AND WHERE THEYRE LOCATED ETC.. SO YOU CAN GET A FEEL FOR THEM.. LIKE I SAID THE WEBSITES NOT DONE BUT I WANTED TO LET YOU IN ON WHAT MY IDEA IS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.. 

YEP, XTIN WAYZ HAS A COMPANY... AND GUESS WHOS THE BOSS??? 

MUCH LOVE EVERYONE, OH BTW ON THE WEBSITE IT WILL TELL YOU MORE AND LIST ALL MY SERVICES. BUT HERE IS WHAT I DO PERSONALLY...

WAXING, SKINCARE AND ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES.
HAIR LIKE I SAID IM NOT TO FOND OF.. SO YOULL HAVE TO BEG ME HAHA

MY SPECIALITIES:: AIRBRUSH MAKEUP, AIRBRUSH TANNING (I HAVE MY OWN GUNS) BODY CONTOURING, FANTASY MAKEUP, SPECIAL EFFECT MAKEUP INCLUDING..BALD CAPS..BLOOD BAGS, BRUISES, MASK, MASK FROM SCRATCH ANYTHING GROSS AND GOORY! LOL FILM/HD PHOTOSHOOTS, HIGH FASHION-FASHION WEEK- BRIDAL/PROM- ANY EVENTS YOU NAME IT

Also if your looking for a artist make sure you know what area they into.. bc they may be a good artist but if they dont know their product on camera.. its gunna look scary!! but thats a wholeeeeee new blog!!! i think i once started writing one about that! check it out.. It might even include what I wear myself. It also includes everything I have in my KIT.

I PRESENT TO YOU A MOBB FULL OF TALENTED BITCHES WHO I LIKE TO REFER TO AS MY WORLDWIDE MAFIA WHO ARE HIGHLY TRAINED TO BEAT YOUR FACE PRETTY =)


IF IT DOESNT WORK CLICKING.. COPY AND PASTE!! IT WAS GIVEN ME TROUBLE!

POW! 

HERE IS A SNEAK PEAK OF THE WEBSITEhttp://xtinwayz.vpweb.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment